The name change policy of Allegiant Air allows you to easily make changes or corrections to the name on your ticket. It offers a flexible process for this. The airline only allows name changes for bookings made directly with them.
In this post, we will explain all the rules and requirements you need to know before changing the name on your flight reservation. Additionally, we will provide you with clear instructions on how to change your name, the cost associated with the name change, and the specific types of name correction requests that the airlines will consider.
Guidelines for Allegiant Air Ticket Name Change
If you’re a passenger, you can ask Allegiant Air to change your name on your flight booking. They allow name corrections of up to four characters for your first, middle, or last name.
In addition, there are other important factors that you should think about before submitting a request to change your name.
- Members of the Reward Club cannot change the name on their tickets. The Allegiant Air name change policy does not apply in this situation.
- You cannot change who owns the ticket.
- After the name change request is completed, the flight tickets will be sent to be reissued. You are in charge of changing the name and paying any difference in fare, if applicable.
- Passengers can ask to have their name corrected on flights operated and advertised by Allegiant Air.
- If you need to change your name on a booking with multiple flights, you will have to follow the rules of the fare with the most restrictions.
- Once your request to correct your name has been approved, you can then choose your seats or add any other necessary travel items.
- If you change your name due to marriage or divorce, or if you have any legal obligations, you must provide a passport or photo ID for verification.
- If a passenger has multiple flights and one of them is with a different airline than Allegiant Air, they cannot request a name change for that particular flight segment.
- The most important thing during a flight is where you sit on the plane. If you want to select your dream seat, then you must check the Allegiant Seat Change Policy.
Type of Allegiant Name Change Request
The request to change the name is not only limited to correcting the name on the booking. Passengers have the ability to change their suffix, prefix, last name, and middle name, or make other legal changes if needed.
Here, we will talk about the different types of name change requests you can make with airlines, how much they might charge you, and how you can go about making such a request.
Name Correction on Ticket:
You have the option to fix a maximum of 4 characters in the first name, middle name, or last name. To complete the request, you need to contact the airline through their customer service phone number. You can also correct the name online by going to the My Trip section. You will need to pay the change fee and any additional fare amount, if applicable.
Add and Eliminate the Middle Name:
If your passport or any government-issued photo ID has a middle name, you can easily add or change it to match the name on the document. When you make changes, you will need to provide your identification document.
Allegiant Air would request passengers to pay a fee for changing their flight. There may be differences in fares. You need to call the airlines to complete the request.
The Allegiant Air policy allows you to include titles, suffixes, and prefixes in your name on your ticket. You would need to pay a change fee, as well as any difference in fare.
The tickets you receive will be in the same or better class of service. To complete the requested change, you can call Allegiant Air’s flight executive.
Methods to Name an Allegiant Air Ticket
To request a name correction or change, you can go to the Allegiant Air website and submit your request online. Also, if you have a restricted fare, you will need to contact the airlines directly to make any changes.
To ask for a name change, simply go to the “Manage My Trip” section. To access your booking, use the flight confirmation details. Choose the name of the passenger that requires correction. Please provide the accurate name.
Please provide your passport or government ID for verification purposes. Please make the payment for the fee that is required. After you submit the request, the airlines will send an email to confirm it. To complete the request online, please follow these steps.
- Go to allegiantair.com and find the My Trip section.
- Please provide the six-digit booking reference and the last name of the passenger in order to find the booking.
- Please choose the name of the passenger you want to change.
- Please type the correct name in the field that is marked as required. Please provide your passport or any other form of identification to verify the changes you have made.
- To change the name on your Allegiant Air ticket, you will need to pay a fee. Additionally, you may also need to cover any difference in fare that is associated with the name change.
- After your request is completed, you will get an email confirmation with the updated name of the passenger on your registered email address.
If you have a restricted fare that doesn’t allow online name changes or if you’re not sure how to make changes online, you can call the Allegiant Air Reservation Phone Number for help.
The next flight executive will check if you can change the name on your booking. You will be charged for the change, and you can pay for it over the phone using your debit or credit card.
At The Airport:
You must complete the name change or correction request at least 3 hours before your scheduled departure. If you have already finished checking in, you will need to cancel it and change the ticket status to ‘open’ in order to make a name change request.
Name Correction Rules
Name correction means fixing mistakes in spelling or adding any missing letters in a passenger’s name that is already on a ticket. To complete the name correction, you need to meet the following criteria:
- To be clear, the flight you’re taking needs to be both operated and marketed by Allegiant Air. Additionally, the ticket you have should be issued with the stock number 014.
- You can only make name corrections for Allegiant Air flight segments.
- If you need to fix a name within 24 hours of buying your ticket, you should ask Allegiant Airlines to cancel your flight, get a refund, and then book the same flight again with the correct name.
- If you want to change both your date of birth and your name, it will be considered a name change. This means you will need to follow Allegiant Air’s name change policy.
- During a trip, you can make small changes to the names. The name on the ticket must match the name on a government-issued ID or passport.
- You cannot change the travel date, time, or destination when you are requesting a name correction.
- You cannot change your gender and birth date at the same time as changing your name. You need to make a separate request for each of them.
- You can only make one change to each ticket. If you make any more changes to the name, it will be considered a name change. This means you will have to pay a penalty from the airline, as well as any difference in fare.
Allegiant Air Name Change Fee/Cost
For each type of name change request mentioned earlier, there is a fee that needs to be paid. Please pay attention to the following summary of the name change fee:
|Type of Name Change Request||Fee (in USD)|
|Up to 4 letters||225 USD + difference in fare|
|Change/Correct Middle Name||225 USD + difference in fare|
|Adding the title/suffix/prefix||175 USD + difference in fare|
Although the airline may not have a specific policy regarding name changes, you can be confident that they will consider your request. All you have to do is contact the customer service team and let them know about your request. If you book a flight ticket on the Allegiant Air website, the online support team will help you quickly and effectively.
Top Trending Searches