You cannot fly with an incorrect name according to airline rules. Changing names can be difficult and exhausting if there is no specific policy in place for it. British Airways has a policy for passengers who need to change their name, correct it, or have exceptional circumstances. This policy applies to both domestic and international flights, and it is easy to follow.
Check out this complete guide on how to change your name with British Airways.
About British Airways Name Change Policy
British Airways allows name changes only in unforeseen and exceptional circumstances as determined by the airline. To learn more about British Airways’ policy for changing names, please refer to the guidelines listed below:
- If you booked your flight segment with executive membership travel points, you cannot change your name or make corrections.
- You cannot transfer your ticket to someone else’s name.
- If British Airways spelled your name wrong and you’re flying on the same day, they might let you change it. But it’s up to them to decide.
- If you booked your flight through a travel agent, it’s best to contact them to make any changes to the name on the booking.
- If you bought your tickets directly from the airline, you can change your name with them.
- The process of changing your name may vary depending on the airport, type of fare, discounts, and special services you have chosen.
- If the airline asks, travelers might have to book a new ticket in the same fare type or a different available type class/cabin.
What kinds of name changes are allowed according to British Airways’ policy on name changes?
You cannot change your name under the General British Airways name correction policy if you are flying with British Midland International. British Airways offers customized services to meet individual passenger needs.
British Airways offers different types of changes for correcting names.
If you got married, divorced, or legally changed your name for any other reason, you may need to meet the requirements for changing your name on your travel documents.
- The policy for changing names does not require information such as the birthdate or gender of the person.
- Please ensure that you have valid reasons and documents to support your name change request for the ticket.
- If you want to change your name on your British Airways account due to marriage, you will need to provide a marriage certificate and legal notice.
- To change your name after a divorce, you need to provide legal notice, a Divorce Decree, or other important documents.
- Before your flight, make sure that any legal proceedings related to your reservation booking are finished before you request a name change.
- Passengers can contact British Airways for legal name changes using their name change contact number.
British Airways has made a name correction and is now available for the convenience of passengers.
- If there are mistakes in your booking for a BD-handled flight (236 Bookings) due to unexpected situations and the changes involve more than three characters, you need to get in touch with the airline to make corrections.
- You don’t need to include your middle name when booking a flight with British Airways.
- You may not be able to change your prefix, title, or suffix when correcting a spelling mistake in your name with British Airways.
According to British Airways Seat Selection Policy, If you are unhappy with the alternative seat given by the airline, you may request a different seat.
Methods for Name Change on a British Airways Flight Ticket
There are various methods to change the name on the flight ticket. We are explaining some of them below:
Official Website Through the Official Website:
It’s important to have website support to get in touch with British Airways for issues related to changing the name on your flight booking or other travel-related concerns.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the official website at “www.britishairways.com“.
- Look for the option titled “Manage My Booking“. Once you click on it, you will be requested to enter crucial details.
- To find your booking, provide the booking reference number and the last name of the passenger. Then, select “Find My Booking.“
- Once you get to the flight information, you can choose the flight you want and ask British Airways to change your name on file or let you make changes to your plans.
- Enter your new or revised name, email address, phone number, etc., along with valid travel documents and legal papers to prove that your name has changed.
- Make sure you use the same name that is on your identification.
- After you changed the name, you need to double-check the information you gave.
- If you need to, pay the name change fee, service charges, and different fares.
- Once you pay the fee to change your name with British Airways, the process to fix or change your name will begin.
- Lastly, the airline will send you a confirmation email with the updated ticket details.
Through Calling Customer Support:
British Airways’ rules about changing a passenger’s name say that customers must call the airline over the phone and talk to the call center staff to make formal name changes and other changes.
Through Airport Desk/Counter:
If the name on the ticket is wrong, you can go to the airport to change the name on your British Airways trip. Do these things:
- Go to the nearest British Airways office or the airport desk to get the help you need.
- Once you get to the airport counter or complaints window, give them information about the flight, such as the ticket confirmation code and the passenger’s last name.
- To change your name, give your full name, email address, phone number, etc., along with a true reason for the change, such as a name update or a legal name change.
- The agent will confirm the information, check to see if you are eligible and if there are any openings, and may ask for more requirements if they are needed.
- Bring the necessary formal papers and government IDs to back the cause.
- Pay the name change fee if asked, as well as any service fees, price differences, urgent change fees, etc.
- You’ll get proof of the name change through the registered email or SMS, along with the right ticket and boarding pass to finish British check-in.
Is There Any Fee for a Name Change on a British Airways Flight Ticket?
British Airways’ name change policy only covers certain kinds of name changes or edits. Make sure to bring the right paperwork and proof for a formal name change to get the help you need with a British Airways name change fee.
British Airways will change a passenger’s name if asked to do so for the following name change fee:
|Reasons for Name Change||Name Change Fee|
|Due to Marriage/ Passport Concerns||55 USD|
|Name Corrections up to 3 letters||For North America Call Centre – 60 USD|
For UK/ IE Call Centre – 54 to 55 USD
Can I Make Some Corrections to the Flight Ticket Name?
Is There Any Fee for Name Correction on a Flight Ticket?
Yes, You can check the above.
Top Trending Searches