British Airways no longer has services for children called “Unaccompanied Minors” or “Skyflyer Solo.” Children can’t travel alone as unaccompanied children unless they are with an adult who is at least 16 years old.
Before they can travel, people under 16 who are traveling alone must have a form signed by their parent or guardian. If you want to book a flight for a child under 16 traveling alone, you can’t do it online. Instead, you have to call (or go to) the British Airways office in your area or your travel agent.
Age to Fly on British Airways as a Minor Without an Adult
- British Airways allows kids who are 14 or older to fly by themselves. (Except on SUN-AIR trips, where kids 5 or older can travel alone).
- Children under 14 must travel with someone who is at least 16 years old.
- Before traveling, parents or legal guardians of children younger than 16 must fill out a parental/guardian consent form and attach a valid passport or picture ID with their signature.
- Bookings for people younger than 16 cannot be made online; the parent or legal guardian must call British Airways to make the reservation.
- Age limits, fees, and rules may be different on partner flights, so you will need to contact them directly.
Guidelines for Children Traveling Alone
Children, that is, young people who are flying alone, will be treated as adults and must be able to get through the airports where they are arriving and leaving on their own and board their flight without help. You, as the parent or adult guardian, should wait at the airport station until your child’s flight takes off.
- People younger than 16 can call or go to a British Airways ticket office to make reservations. You can’t make a ticket online.
- All trip documents must be in place, such as a valid passport, visa, proof of return travel, etc.
- Attached to the form must be a signed consent form and a copy of the parent or guardian’s legal passport or photo ID with signature.
- There must be any health papers or medicines that may be needed.
- According to British Airways Name Change Policy, If you booked your flight segment with executive membership travel points, you cannot change your name or make corrections.
Legal Requirements by Different Countries For Unaccompanied Minors
Some countries’ immigration offices ask young people traveling to or through the country to bring along extra paperwork. They might even have extra rules for kids who are traveling alone, with someone else, or with just one parent or guardian.
Check with the officials of the country where your child or young traveler will be going to make sure that all of your paperwork is in order.
Who are Unaccompanied Minors?
Unaccompanied Minors are children who fly alone and are under a certain age. Most airlines charge a service fee for their “Unaccompanied Minor” services, which help kids get from the airport where they leave to the airport where they arrive.
Does British Airways Provide Unaccompanied Minor Service?
British Airways has stopped having services for children who are traveling alone. But children who are 14 years old or older can fly alone. Children younger than 14 must travel with someone who is at least 16 years old.
What Are the Age Limits for Children on British Airways?
Children must be at least 14 years old to fly alone on British Airways. Children younger than 14 must travel with someone who is at least 16 years old. Also, kids between the ages of 14 and 16 have to carry a signed agreement form from a parent or legal guardian. Online, you can’t book flights for young people. To book the trip, you need to call British Airways.
Does British Airways Allow Travel Unaccompanied Alone?
British Airways no longer lets young children fly on its planes. Children older than 14 can travel alone, while children younger than 14 must be with a person who is at least 16 years old.
How Do Unaccompanied Minors Travel on British Airways?
British Airways has discontinued its acceptance of unaccompanied juveniles on flights. However, minors older than 14 are permitted to travel alone. Children under the age of 14 must travel with a passenger who is at least 16 years old.
Top Trending Searches