Delta Airlines Check-in, the Fly Delta app, or in person at the airport, you will need to show a government-issued picture ID along with your boarding passes to fly. During check-in, if you need help, we’re here to help.
Delta Air Lines has very strict rules about how to check in and what you can bring on the plane. These rules are meant to make sure that your trip goes smoothly and that you don’t have to deal with any problems on the day of your flight.
- You can check in for a Delta Airlines trip on the company’s website or through its mobile app.
- You can check in for a Delta Airlines trip at any time, but if you have a confirmed ticket and are checking bags, you should do so at least an hour before the flight leaves.
- Basic Economy ticket holders must check in with Delta Airlines at least 30 minutes before their flight leaves.
About Delta Airlines Check-in Policy
Delta Airlines’ check-in policy says that you need to be at the airport 2 hours before your flight is set to leave. You can do this at a booth or by using a self-service check-in machine to scan your travel pass.
If you use the self-service tools, you will get a paper boarding pass with a barcode on it. During your trip, this barcode will be scanned at all security checks and entry gates.
If you are taking a foreign flight, you must arrive at the airport at least 3 hours before your planned departure time. This gives you enough time to clear immigration and customs.
Note that if your flight is delayed or canceled because of something out of your control, like bad weather or a natural disaster, Delta Airlines will not pay for any extra costs you have to pay because of this.
Methods for Check-in on Delta Airlines
- Online Method
- Through App
- Kiosk Method
1- Online Method:
You can check in on your desktop up to 24 hours before your flight. Click “Check-In” at the top of any page or go to “Manage My Booking” in your Delta account. To see your schedule, you need to enter your booking number, SkyMiles number, or credit card number. You can either print out your flight pass or get one on your phone.
The process to Check in on International Fights:
- Click on “Itineraries and Check-In” on Delta.com to find the link for online check-in.
- To get to the check-in page, enter your confirmation number, SkyMiles number, credit card number, or ticket number.
- Enter the number and expiration date of your passport to move forward with the international check-in process.
- If you need to, you can change where you’re sitting and choose how many bags you want to check.
- You can print your boarding passes from the internet, or you can choose “print later” to do it later or at the airport.
- Get to the airport two hours before your flight leaves so that there is time for security checks.
- You can drop off your bags at the “Baggage Drop” desk near the Delta check-in desk.
2- Check-In Through App:
With the Fly Delta app, you can make your trip even easier. After you download, you can check in as a friend, sign in, or sign up for a SkyMiles account. You can add your trip confirmation number and get to your trips from there. When you log in, you will be checked in immediately 24 hours before your trip. You can also use Today Mode to look at your boarding pass, track your bags, and do other things.
3- Kiosk Method:
If you didn’t use the Fly Delta app to check in or print your boarding pass, you can check in quickly at the Delta airport booths. When you get there, follow the instructions on the machine to enter your SkyMiles number, confirmation number, or eTicket number to access your trip and print your boarding pass.
Can I Check Bags With the Self-service Machine Check-in for Delta Air Lines (Dl)?
Yes, you can check bags at the self-service machine check-in for Delta Air Lines (DL).
The steps are easy to understand and follow. Just do the following:
- Pick your flight and fill out the necessary details.
- Choose “Check My Bag” and then choose whether you want to print your bag tags or have them sent to your email. If you have one, you’ll also need to enter your regular rider number.
- If asked, enter the weight of each bag you are checking, as well as any other details the machine asks for. “How much does it weigh?” “What’s in the bag?”
- You have to pay for your bags! If you don’t have cash on you, there are ATMs in most airports where you can get money from your bank account or credit card to pay for any Delta Air Lines (DL) excess baggage fees before taking a trip.
Can I Pay Bag Fees at the Delta Air Lines (Dl) Self-service Machine Check-in?
- At the airport, you will need to choose “Pay Bag Fees” from the list of options when you check in. Then, you’ll see a screen that asks for your confirmation number, which is printed on your flight pass. You can enter this number and then click “Next” to move on to the next screen.
- This screen will show you how much it costs to check one bag and how much more it costs to check each extra bag. It also tells you how much each pet you want to bring with you will cost.
- Once you’ve put all of this information into the computer and clicked “Continue” in the bottom right corner of this screen, it will take you back to the first page and show you all of your flight information again, along with the option to pay these fees online with a credit card or debit card, or with cash at a kiosk near your departure gate at the airport, if one is available.
- Delta Airlines’ policy on fees and allowances for bags says that there are different rules for bringing infants. Explore more about Delta Airlines Baggage Policy.
Can I Choose or Change My Seat at the Self-service Machine Check-in for Delta Air Lines (Dl)?
- Yes, the Delta Air Lines (DL) self-service computer check-in lets you choose or change your seat.
- It’s easy to choose a place. During online check-in, just choose your route from the list of choices and then choose any available seat in Economy, Business, or First Class. If you want to buy a better seat, you can either do it when you book your flight or at the airport.
- It’s also easy to switch seats. You can log in to your account up to 24 hours before your flight and change your seat for free. After 24 hours, each change will cost you $25.
Delta Airport Check-In Through Help Desk
If you want to check in at the airport, you can talk to us at any of our Delta Air Lines check-in desks. You’ll see a clearly marked area for Delta planes with a special Sky Priority boarding line for Gold, Platinum, and Diamond Medallion Members and travelers in First Class, Premium Select, or Delta One®.
- Get to the airport two or three hours before a flight out of the country. Delta’s international check-in desks close 60 minutes before a flight leaves.
- Find the check-in place for Delta at the right gate. Read the signs at each terminal to find out which planes each terminal serves. Most airports have ways to get from one station to another, so don’t worry if you aren’t taken to the right one.
- Get in line for your boarding class. One line is for economy check-in, and another is for business, first-class, and special SkyMiles users.
- Use the machines to check in yourself or wait until a desk worker is free.
- You can either show your passport to the person at the desk or swipe it through the machine to check in yourself.
- Confirm your plans and, if you want, ask for a new seat assignment at the booth or from an agent.
- Drop off your checked bags at the desk and get the claim check stubs for them.
- Get your tickets and go to the security station, where you’ll need to show both your tickets and your ID.
Delta Check-in Airport Curbside
If you’d like to check in as soon as you get out of your car, most U.S. airports have a Delta curbside desk near where passengers are dropped off. Here, you can check your bags as soon as you get out of your car. If you have too much luggage, you may have to bring it inside to a place for too much luggage. Using quick check-in at the airport is free, but tips are always appreciated for great service.
Arrival Time for Delta Airlines Check-in
Suggested Arrival Time:
- 2 hours before international flights in the US are due to leave
- 3 hours before foreign planes to or from the US are set to leave,
Minimum Required Check-in Time With Carry-on Baggage:
- US domestic planes leave 30 minutes before their planned time.
- 60 minutes before foreign flights to or from the US are due to leave,
Minimum Required Check-in Time With Checked Baggage:
- Domestic flights in the US leave 30 minutes before their planned time.
- 60 minutes before foreign planes to or from the US are set to leave,
How Do I Check Delta Airlines’ Flight Status?
The Delta Airlines flight information is a good way to find out how your trip is going. It can tell you if your flight has been delayed or canceled, and it can also tell you when you need to be at the airport. You can also use this tool to check the weather at the airport where you’re going, which could be helpful if you plan to travel during bad weather.
To check the status of your Delta Airlines flight online, just type your flight number or ticket number into the search bar on the website’s home page. After doing this, click “Track Flight.” This will take you to another page with information about your flight, such as the time it leaves, the time it arrives, the company number, and the type of plane it is, as well as any possible delays or cancellations.
If you want to know more about the state of your flight than what’s shown on this page, you’ll need to sign up for a free Delta Air Lines account first (don’t worry, it’s easy). Once you’ve signed up, you’ll be able to see things like gate assignments and information about where to claim your bags. You’ll also get email updates if anything changes with your trip plans.
What do I need to bring for Delta Airlines check-in?
You will need a government-issued picture ID along with your boarding passes.
Where can I check in for a Delta Airlines trip?
You can check in on the company’s website or through the Fly Delta app.
When should I check in for a Delta Airlines trip?
It is recommended to check in at least an hour before the flight leaves, but Basic Economy ticket holders must check in at least 30 minutes before their flight leaves.
What are the methods for Delta Airlines check-in?
You can check in online, through the Fly Delta app, or at the airport kiosks.
Can I check bags with the self-service machine check-in for Delta Air Lines?
Yes, you can check bags at the self-service machine check-in.
Can I pay bag fees at the Delta Air Lines self-service machine check-in?
Yes, you can pay bag fees at the self-service machine check-in.
Can I choose or change my seat at the self-service machine check-in for Delta Air Lines?
Yes, you can choose or change your seat at the self-service machine check-in.
How early should I arrive at the airport for Delta Airlines check-in?
Suggested arrival times are 2 hours before international flights in the US, 3 hours before foreign flights to or from the US, and 30-60 minutes before domestic flights in the US.
How can I check Delta Airlines’ flight status?
You can check the status of your Delta Airlines flight online by entering your flight number or ticket number on the website’s home page and clicking “Track Flight.”
Top Trending Searches