Passengers may encounter emergencies or sudden changes in plans that require them to make changes to their flight reservations with the airline.
Don’t worry, it’s easy for any passenger to manage their bookings and change flights with Hawaiian Airlines. The Hawaiian change flight policy offers flexibility and convenience to its customers. Read below to learn more about the policy.
About Hawaiian Airlines Flight Change Policy
- You won’t have to pay a fee to change your trip to Main Cabin or a higher fare.
- You won’t have to pay a fee to change a flight on a prize ticket you bought with HawaiianMiles points.
- COVID-19 Travel Waivers
Hawaiian Airlines’ COVID-19 travel waivers apply to all types of tickets, including Main Cabin Basic tickets and prize tickets bought with HawaiianMiles.
If you bought your ticket from March 1, 2020, to December 31, 2020:
- Your ticket is now valid for 2 more years from the date you bought it.
- You won’t be charged a change fee if you rebook your flight during its longer validity time, but you may have to pay the difference in price. If your new price is cheaper, the difference will not be added to your account.
If you bought your ticket before March 1, 2020, for travel between March 1, 2020, and February 28, 2021:
- Your ticket has validity until May 31, 2022, which is an extra year.
- You won’t have to pay a fee to change your flight reservation until May 31, 2022. However, you may have to pay the difference in price. If your new fare is less expensive, you won’t get the difference back.
If you bought your ticket from a travel company or an online travel agency:
- The same rules will apply as those listed above.
- To change your trip, you have to ask them directly.
Hawaiian Airlines Flight Change Policy for Main Cabin
According to Hawaiian Airlines’ guideline for Main Cabin Basic prices, you can change your flight only if:
- A Main Cabin Basic ticket can’t be changed.
- The best way to change a Main Cabin Basic ticket is to cancel it within the risk-free withdrawal window of 24 hours and rebook.
- You can’t choose your place until you’ve checked in.
- You can’t change a Main Cabin Basic ticket to a Preferred Seat, Extra Comfort Seat, Business Class, or First Class.
Hawaiian Airlines Flight Change Policy Under Medical Condition
If you have to change your flight because you or a family member or fellow passenger was hospitalized, you may be able to get a change fee refund on a Main Cabin Basic ticket. Your flight can be changed or canceled online or over the phone.
To change your flight online and rebook it later, you will need to:
- Fill out a form asking for a medical waiver.
- Send HawaiianAirlines.com/CAO a scanned copy of the above-mentioned form.
If Hawaiian Airlines agrees to your request, you will get your change fee back in 30 days.
Ways to Change a Hawaiian Airlines Flight
Hawaiian Airlines’ guideline on changing flights says that if you want to change a current flight, you must:
- First, you need to call or go online to cancel your trip.
- Then, before your new ticket expires, call Hawaiian Airlines Reservations to rebook it. You can’t cancel online.
Note: If you cancel your ticket (except for Main Cabin Basic), you won’t have to pay a change fee, but you will have to pay the difference in price, if there is one. If your new ticket costs less, the difference won’t be added to your account.
To cancel your Hawaiian Airlines flight online:
- Go to Hawaiian Airlines Official Website
- Proceed to Manage My Booking.
- You can get information about your trip from My Trips by entering your last name and confirmation code/E-ticket number.
- Choose your flight and then cancel it.
Hawaiian Airlines Flight Change Fee
The Hawaiian airline charges a fee if you want to make changes to your non-refundable ticket. This fee applies to any changes you want to make, such as changing the time or date of your flight or changing your flight route.
The fee for changing a flight depends on the type of flight and where it is coming from. Below is a description of the fee structure for changing flights with Hawaiian Airlines.
To change an international flight, there is a fee of $50 to $300. If you booked your flight through HawaiianMiles, you will be charged a $50 fee. If you need to make changes to your Hawaiian airline flights from the USA to Japan, there will be a fee of $300 USD.
For all other flights from the US, the change fee can range from $50 to $300. The fee for changing flights from a different country will be charged in the currency of that country. For instance, if you’re flying out of Australia, there is a change fee of $100 AUD.
- If you need to make changes to your domestic flight within North America, there will be a change fee of $200. However, if you booked your flight through HawaiianMiles, the change fee is only $50.
- If you need to change your flight between the neighbor islands, there is a fee of $30. This fee also applies to bookings made through HawaiianMiles.
- If you book your flights through a third-party travel agency, you might have to pay an extra fee based on their terms and conditions.
What is Hawaiian Airlines Flight Change Policy?
Hawaiian Airlines’ stance on changing flights has just been changed. You can cancel and rebook any type of flight ticket (except Main Cabin Basic) under the new policy. But Main Cabin Basic tickets can be changed and rebooked if they qualify for the COVID-19 travel waiver from Hawaiian Airlines.
Can I Change Hawaiian Airlines Flights?
Yes, Hawaiian Airlines just changed its policy to let all customers (except those in Main Cabin Basic) change their flight and rebook it before it expires. If you have a Main Cabin Basic ticket that meets the requirements of the COVID-19 travel waiver, you can cancel and rebook it within the longer validity time.
Do I Pay Any Fees to Change Hawaiian Airlines Flights?
There are times when you can change your Hawaiian Airlines trip without having to pay a fee.
You bought at least a Main Cabin ticket.
Can I upgrade my Main Cabin Basic Ticket?
If you bought a Main Cabin Basic ticket, you can’t change it to an Extra Comfort, Preferred place, Business, or First Class place.
Top Trending Searches