Hawaiian Airlines has a policy for Unaccompanied Minors. This means children who are between 5 and 11 years old and are traveling without someone who is at least 15 years old.
- On Domestic Flights
- On International Flights
On Domestic Flights:
- Children who are 5 to 11 years old can travel alone if their parents book the Unaccompanied Minors service and pay a fee.
- Children who are 12 years old or more can travel alone or as Unaccompanied Minors if they want to. They just need to book the service.
On international flights:
Unaccompanied minors service is not available on international flights with Hawaiian Airlines.
- Children aged 12 to 18 can travel alone, but they might require extra paperwork if they’re traveling with just one parent or without any parent.
- Children aged 5 to 11 cannot travel alone as unaccompanied minors on international flights.
- Children under 12 years old need to travel with an adult who is at least 18 years old and is on the same flight and section.
Documentation Req Unaccompanied Minors
The adult who is responsible for the Unaccompanied Minor must:
- Complete the necessary documents.
- Please give a photo ID issued by the government.
- Please give us the name, address, and phone number of the person who will pick up the child at the airport. If possible, also provide an alternate person’s number who is authorized to pick up the child.
Here are the steps to book the Unaccompanied Minor Service with Hawaiian Airlines:
To set up the unaccompanied minor service for your child:
- Get in touch with Hawaiian Airlines Reservations and request help.
- To ensure a safe and smooth travel experience for your child who is traveling alone, please complete the Unaccompanied Minor form. Then, present it to a Hawaiian Airlines staff member when you check in for the flight. Read Out: Hawaiian Airlines Check-In Policy
Unaccompanied Minors Service Fee
You need to pay the service fee for Unaccompanied Minors when you check in.
|Age||Unaccompanied Minor Service||Route||Mandatory Fee|
|1–4 years||Not allowed||NA||NA|
|5–11 years||Req.||— Non-stop within Hawaii — Non-stop between Hawaii and North America — International||— USD 35/flight segment— USD 100/flight segment— Not allowed|
- You can pay a fee for one passenger and bring up to two of your own children who are between 5 and 11 years old. They must have the same pick-up and drop-off details as you.
- If there are more than 2 children from the same family traveling, you will need to pay for each extra child.
Off-Limit Flights for Unaccompanied Minors
- Flights leave between 9:00 pm and 5:00 am, except if:
- Operates from Honolulu, Hawaii, and
- Is the day’s only flight
- Flights that travel internationally, including those going to or coming from American Samoa.
- A flight that requires staying overnight.
- Flights that are operated by one airline but marketed and sold by another airline are called codeshare flights.
- Flights that require a connection to or from other airlines.
- Choose Hawaiian Airlines for your connecting flights within the following restrictions.
- Unaccompanied Minors are not permitted to travel on the day’s last connecting flight.
- Unaccompanied Minors are not permitted to travel on connecting flights with a connection time exceeding 2 hours.
- Hawaiian Airlines may change the flight schedule and departure date if a child is traveling alone and their flight is expected to be delayed or there is a chance they may miss a connecting flight.
Hawaiian Airlines may change the flight schedule and departure date if a child is traveling alone and their flight is expected to be delayed or there is a chance they might miss their connecting flight.
Guidelines for Unaccompanied Minors
To make sure the child’s trip is safe and goes well, their parent or guardian needs to follow these rules.
- Take the child or children who are traveling alone to the airport.
- Complete the necessary paperwork.
- Please give Hawaiian Airlines the name, phone number, and address of the parent or adult guardian who will meet the unaccompanied minor at the destination.
- Take the child who is traveling alone to their gate and stay there until their flight leaves.
- Go to the area designated by the destination airport to pick up the child who is traveling alone when they arrive.
- If you can get gate passes from the pickup airport, make sure to arrive at least 90 minutes before the flight’s scheduled arrival time.
- To ensure the safety of the child, the name of the parent or adult guardian who will meet them must be on the unaccompanied minor form submitted at the departure airport.
Can I Travel on a Hawaiian Airlines Flight if I Am 6 Years Old?
Yes, Hawaiian Airlines provides Unaccompanied Minor services for children between 5 – 11 years (inclusive) on domestic flights (North America and Neighbor Islands). Children who are 12 years or older have the option to travel alone or use the service.
What is the Age Restriction Imposed by Hawaiian Airlines?
Hawaiian Airlines allows children under 5 years old to fly, but they must be with someone who is at least 15 years old. Kids aged 5 to 11 can travel alone if their parents book the Unaccompanied Minor service and pay a fee. Kids who are 12 years old or more can travel alone without any extra requirements. They can also choose to travel as Unaccompanied Minors by paying a fee after booking the service.
Top Trending Searches