According to Spirit Airlines’ flight change policy, you can make changes to your flight booking up to 1 hour before your flight takes off. However, you will have to pay a fee to perform the changes.
Will Spirit Airlines Permit a Free Flight Change?
Spirit Airlines will let you change your flight booking without any additional fees if:
- If you want to make changes to your ticket, you can do so within 24 hours of booking. However, this is only possible if your flight is scheduled to depart at least 7 days (168 hours) later.
- You can make changes to your reservation as long as it is at least 60 days before your flight’s departure.
- If you have a Flight Flex option, you can make changes to your ticket as long as you do it at least 24 hours before your flight.
- If you bought a Bundle It ticket with Flight Flex, you can make changes to your ticket as long as it’s at least 24 hours before your flight.
- Your flight will be delayed for at least 2 hours.
For any other situations, you will need to pay a change fee depending on when you are leaving, as indicated below.
Spirit Airlines Change Fee/Cost
If you need to change the date or time of your flight, there will be a fee based on when you make the changes. The amount of the fee can be found in the table below. Just a reminder, you won’t have to pay any fees for making changes if you do it at least 60 days before your trip.
Check out Spirit Airlines’ change fees cost: Click here
Standard and Award Ticket Change Fees
The amount Spirit Airlines charges for changing your flight booking depends on when you make the change. This applies to both standard and award tickets. To avoid paying a fee for making changes, you need to either modify your booking within 24 hours or at least 60 days before your trip. If you make changes that occur outside of these specific time periods:
- You will be charged a fee of USD 49-99 for making changes, and the amount will depend on when you make the changes. The specific amounts are shown in the table above.
- If the price of your new flight is higher, you will need to pay the extra amount for the airfare, taxes, and other fees.
- If the cost of your new flight is lower, you will be given a Reservation Credit that you can use for future travel.
- The Reservation Credit can only be used by the passenger who receives the credit.
Note: You can add a pet while traveling with Spirit Airlines, But you must adhere to the Spirit Airlines pet policy. There are some restrictions that are applicable to some pets. To learn more, visit our pet policy page.
Flight Flex Ticket Change Fees
The Spirit Airlines Flight Flex option allows you to change your travel plans once, and you won’t have to pay any fees. You have three ways to buy this option: online, over the phone, or through your travel agent. If you buy it online, you will see it on the Extras page.
Once you add Flight Flex to your booking, you can make changes to your travel plans up to 1 day (or 24 hours) before your flight. However, please note that you can only make changes once. You only need to pay the fare and tax difference, if there is any. You may also choose to pay for any additional services you want to buy.
You are not able to cancel a ticket using Flight Flex. If you decide to cancel your ticket after buying Flight Flex, you will have to pay the regular cancellation fee. If you decide to cancel, you will receive a refund in the form of a Reservation Credit for future travel. This refund will be reduced by the cancellation fee that applies.
- You can buy Flight Flex online or from certain travel agents.
- You need to buy Flight Flex for every person included in your reservation.
- You cannot buy Flight Flex for a reservation that you already made. You can only buy it when you are making the initial booking.
- With Flight Flex, you can make one modification for free.
- You have the option to change the date, time, and/or where you’re flying from or to for your flight.
- You need to make any changes to your plans online at least 24 hours before you leave.
- If you make changes to your booking less than 24 hours before your departure, you will be charged the regular fee for making changes.
- When you want to make changes to your itinerary, it’s important to know what modifications you want to make ahead of time.
- You cannot use Flight Flex to cancel a ticket.
- Flight Flex is not offered on every route.
Same-Day Flight Change
Spirit Airlines offers a service that allows passengers to switch to an earlier flight on the same day for a fee of USD 99. If the flight is already full, you have the option to choose standby without paying any extra fees.
Change Flight Schedule
If you have a confirmed reservation with Spirit Airlines and they make changes to your flight schedule because something went wrong, like a change in the schedule, missing a stop, canceling the flight, or causing you to miss a connecting flight, you will be given the following choices:
- You can be rescheduled for the next available flight without any extra cost.
- To get your money back for your ticket, request a refund.
If your flight was delayed, canceled, or had a schedule change that caused it to be more than 2 hours later than the original departure time, you can book a new flight without having to pay any extra fees.
- Between the same departure and arrival cities and within Spirit Airlines’s allowed date range, which is currently within 7 days of the original departure date.
Most of the time, Spirit Airlines won’t pay you back if you decide to rebook your flight with a different company.
How to Make Changes to Your Spirit Airlines Ticket?
The Spirit Airlines change policy says that you can make changes to your flight ticket the same way you would cancel it, i.e.,
- Via Customer Care
- Airport Counter
- Go to Spirit.com
- Click on Manage My Trips to get to your flight.
- Enter your last name and confirmation code on the next page.
- Click on the “Continue” button.
- Go Reservation Page:
- Select Flight
- Do Necessary Changes
Spirit Airlines Reservation Credit
The Spirit Airlines Reservation Credit is the code you got in an email when you canceled your trip. You can use this code, which consists of six letters or numbers, to buy tickets, reserve seats, and purchase baggage.
It can also be used to buy vacation packages and pay for fees and taxes. You can use Reservation Credits on Spirit.com or by calling, but not on the mobile app.
How to Redeem Your Reservation Credit?
You can use your Spirit Airlines Reservation Credit to book a flight either over the phone or online.
- Please visit the website Spirit.com.
- Please provide the details of your trip.
- Please click on the button that says “Search Flights.”
- Please do as the prompts on the screen tell you to do.
- Next, go to the payment page.
- Enter your Voucher credit number
You will soon get an email with your booking confirmation and flight details. Spirit Airlines also offers a seat-change policy. This policy gives passengers the best comfort to choose a window seat or any other.
Can I Change My Spirit Airlines Flight for Free?
If you book a flight with Spirit Airlines, you can change your flight for free within 24 hours as long as your departure is at least 7 days away. You can also make free changes if you have purchased Flight Flex or a Bundle It ticket.
What is the Fee for Changing My Spirit Airlines Flight?
The cost of changing your Spirit Airlines flight can be between USD 49 and USD 99, depending on when you make the changes.
How Can I Purchase Spirit Airlines Flight Flex?
You have three options for buying Flight Flex: online, over the phone, or with a travel agent.
Top Trending Searches