Children who are 15 or older can fly alone on Allegiant Air. If the visitor is 14 or younger, he or she must be accompanied by someone 15 or older. Call our customer service if you want to know more about how Allegiant Airlines treats minors.
About Allegiant Airlines
Allegiant Airlines, established in 1997 as WestJet Express in the United States, is a well-known aviation company in the USA. The airline offers affordable flights to people from all over the world.
They have both charter and scheduled flights available. Allegiant Air is currently ranked as the 14th largest commercial service provider in North America.
Allegiant Airlines has its head office located in Summerlin, Nevada, US. To assist passengers in reaching both domestic and international destinations, a fleet of over 80 aircraft is operating continuously. Allegiant Airlines aims to provide affordable and high-quality air travel services to enthusiasts.
About Allegiant Unaccompanied Minor Policy
Welcome to this comprehensive guide on Allegiant Airlines’ minor policy. Here, you will find all the necessary information and regulations to ensure a smooth experience for visitors traveling with children. Our policy is designed to be flexible and make reservations for children as easy as possible.
The airline does mention some restrictions on the travel of minors in certain situations. Below is a list of key specifications of the policy:
- According to Allegiant Air’s minor policy, the airline does not allow unaccompanied minors.
- Children who are 14 years old or younger are not allowed to travel alone on Allegiant Air flights. In order to travel, he or she must be accompanied by an adult who is at least 15 years old.
- Booking a ticket for children (15-17 years old) on the official website is absolutely free of charge.
- If there are severe weather conditions that impact an Allegiant Air flight, the airline has the right to deny the travel of minors who are under 18 years old.
- Also, kids under 18 who are going alone need to show proof of age in order to make a ticket.
- Allegiant Air also requires that parents take care of their children under 2 years old during the trip.
- Children can fly if they sit on an adult’s lap in the same seat.
- Children under 18 need a birth certificate as proof of age. Only a government-issued photo ID will do for travelers over the age of 18.
- According to Allegiant Air Flight Cancellation Policy, To cancel an Allegiant flight, you need to do it at least 7 days before the scheduled departure.
Guidelines and Regulations
Well, the Allegiant policy for children also lists some ideas and possibilities that parents should think about during the process. Let’s look at this:
For Infants Aging Under 24 Months:
Parents must buy a ticket for their child under 2 years old. He or she will have his or her own seat, which is allowed by the FAA. You must bring your birth certificate with you when you make the ticket. Your baby can also sit in the lap of an adult traveler.
For Kids 2-14 Years:
They can only travel with a 15-year-old or older adult who is their guardian. FAA rules say that these kids can’t sit in the row right next to the exit. When making a ticket, you need to show a birth certificate.
For children aged 15-17 Years:
These kids can travel without an adult with them, but the trip may be limited if the weather report says so.
Adults Aging 18 Years or Older:
Passengers who are 18 or older are considered adults by the company. During the ticket process, they will have to show a government-issued ID.
According to Allegiant Air Name Change Policy, Members of the Reward Club cannot change the name on their tickets. The Allegiant Air name change policy does not apply in this situation.
Can Children Who Are 15 or Older Fly Alone on Allegiant Air?
Yes, Allegiant Air lets children who are at least 15 years old fly alone. During their journey, they do not need to be with an adult guardian.
What Are the Requirements for Children Who Are 14 or Younger?
For kids who are 14 or younger, an adult who is at least 15 years old must go with them. Allegiant Air puts the safety and well-being of young travelers at the top of its list of priorities. Traveling with an adult makes sure that everyone stays safe.
Is There a Fee for Booking Tickets for Children Aged 15-17 Years?
No, there is no fee to book tickets for kids ages 15 to 17 on the official Allegiant Air website. We want to make it easy and affordable for young people to travel, so buying tickets for them is completely free.
Are There Any Restrictions on Minor Travel During Severe Weather Conditions?
If there is severe weather that could affect an Allegiant Air flight, the airline can refuse to let minors under 18 years old travel. The safety and well-being of young passengers are prioritized to make sure they travel in favorable conditions.
What Documentation is Required for Minors Traveling Alone?
When minors under the age of 18 are traveling alone, they must provide proof of their age, such as a birth certificate, during the ticketing process. The purpose of this requirement is to make sure that the age of unaccompanied minors is verified accurately.
Top Trending Searches