Breeze Airways is happy to welcome guests who are traveling with pets. The airline permits small domesticated cats and dogs. Also, there is a fee for each way.
Just keep in mind that there are rules you need to follow when booking your travel and taking your pet to the airport. Here is all the information you need to know when traveling on Breeze Airways with a pet.
Guidelines for Pet Travel With Breeze Airways
According to the Breeze pet policy, you can bring your pet dog or cat on Breeze Airways flights within the United States, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands. Also,
- You can bring small pet rabbits and certain household birds (excluding chickens and ducks) with you on Breeze flights. They are allowed to fly in the cabin.
- These animals are only allowed on domestic flights, but not to or from Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Breeze does not allow animals to be transported as cargo.
- Breeze Airways does not allow larger dogs to travel on their airline due to their dog policy.
- Pets must be at least eight weeks old and fully weaned from their mother.
- When flying to the U.S. Virgin Islands, pets need to have health certificates. Additionally, visitors going to Puerto Rico must show proof of rabies immunization.
- When using Breeze, you can choose any seat except for the first row and the row closest to the emergency exit.
- During the entire journey, your pet should stay in its carrier. It should be well-behaved, not cause any trouble, and not have any strong smells. Additionally, it should not require any attention.
- If there isn’t enough space under your First Class seat, you can book an extra seat.
- You need to bring your pets to the airport ticket counter for check-in.
- If you have a pet on your reservation, you can get your boarding permit at the ticket desk.
How to Book a Pets with Breeze Airways?
Passengers can easily book pet travel with Breeze Airways either on their website or by contacting the airline.
You can easily add a pet to your online reservation by following these steps. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Go to the airline’s website and find the Manage My Booking section.
- Choose the ‘Edit Guest’ option to easily add or remove a pet from a reservation that already exists.
- To receive the pet travel receipt, simply pay the fee at the checkout page. The receipt will then be sent to the email address you have registered.
Over the Call:
To book a pet reservation, passengers can call the Breeze customer service number provided by the airlines. There might be a fee for having a pet.
Pet Travel Restrictions
According to Breeze Airways’ pet policy, pets must be at least 8 weeks old to be eligible for travel. Animals that behave disruptively may not be allowed to board. Here are some examples of such behavior, but there may be more:
- Barking or whining sounds that are too loud.
- Rude behavior, such as growling, lunging, or biting.
- Using places that aren’t bathrooms to pee or poop.
- Other things that a member of the Breeze Team finds upsetting.
Breeze Airways Pet Carrier Requirements
According to Breeze Airways’ pet policy, you can only bring one pet in a carrier. Also,
- The carrier should be large enough for the animal (or animals) to stand up and move around comfortably.
- You can only bring soft-sided carriers that are no larger than 18 x 13 x 9 inches.
- During the journey, you need to keep the kennel/carrier right under the seat in front of you.
- The combined weight of the pet and carrier should not exceed 40 pounds.
- According to Breeze Airways’ baggage policy, your pet carrier will be considered as one of the items you can bring on board.
- You can bring pet carriers as carry-on luggage, but they need to fit under the seat in front of you.
- In addition to the pet container, passengers can bring one more personal item with them when they board the plane.
- You can keep your pet carrier under the seat in front of you. This way, you can use the overhead compartment to store your personal item.
- Pets should always be kept inside a pet carrier when:
- in the boarding area,
- when getting on or off the plane,
- and inside the plane because it is safer that way.
Breeze Airways Pet Travel Fees
According to Breeze Airlines’ pet policy, small dogs and cats that are kept as pets can ride in the cabin for a one-way fee of $70. Before paying the pet fee, travelers should keep in mind the following:
- You can bring your pet, but it’s first-come, first-served.
- Breeze allows a maximum of five (5) pets per flight. However, each passenger on the same flight can only bring one (1) pet carrier.
- Pets must weigh 25 lbs or less, which includes their carrier.
- You can only have one pet per carrier, even if their combined weight is under 25 lbs.
You can bring your small dog, cat, rabbit, or bird on most flights with Breeze Airways because they have a pet policy that is accommodating. Even though Breeze charges a high price for additional services during your trip, the cost of flying with your pet is similar to other major U.S. airlines, although it is on the more expensive side.
What Are the Guidelines for Traveling With Pets on Breeze Airways?
Breeze Airways allows you to bring small domesticated cats, dogs, rabbits, and certain household birds on domestic flights within the United States, except for Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Pets must be a minimum of eight weeks old and must have finished nursing from their mother. You cannot bring bigger dogs. Pets should be kept in a carrier, behave well, and not need attention.
How Can I Book Pet Travel With Breeze Airways?
To book pet travel with Breeze Airways, you have two options: you can either book online or call their customer service. To make an online booking, simply go to their website and navigate to the My Trips section.
From there, you can easily add or remove a pet from your existing reservation by selecting the ‘Edit Guest’ option. To pay the pet travel fee, simply complete the checkout process. Afterward, a receipt will be sent to the email address you have registered. You also have the option to contact Breeze Airways’ customer service and make a reservation for your pet.
Can I Reserve a seat for an Unaccompanied Minor on Breeze Airways?
Yes, You can, but there are some restrictions and charges to book a ticket for minors on Breeze Airways. We recommend you check out the Breeze Airways Unaccompanied Minor Policy before booking a ticket for minors on Breeze Airways.
What Are the Restrictions for Pet Travel on Breeze Airways?
To travel on Breeze Airways, pets need to be at least eight weeks old. If your pet behaves badly, like barking too much, growling, biting, or going to the bathroom inappropriately, they might not be allowed on the flight.
What Are the Carrier Requirements for Pets on Breeze Airways?
Breeze Airways wants pets to travel in a carrier that gives them enough space to stand up and move around comfortably. You can only bring carriers that are soft-sided. The carriers should not be larger than 18 x 13 x 9 inches. Make sure that the total weight of your pet and carrier does not go over 40 pounds. The pet carrier is one of your carry-on items and needs to fit under the seat in front of you.
What Are the Fees for Traveling With Pets on Breeze Airways?
Breeze Airways charges a $70 fee for small dogs, cats, rabbits, and birds traveling in the cabin. This fee is applicable for one-way travel. Please keep in mind that pet travel operates on a first-come, first-served basis. Each flight can accommodate a maximum of five pets. Each passenger is allowed to bring only one pet carrier. The weight of the pet, including the carrier, must not exceed 25 pounds.