If you desire extra legroom, a window seat with a view, or a seat near the front of the aircraft for a quicker departure, the airlines have you covered. The British Airways seat selection policy is straightforward, and the airline’s welcoming staff is always available to assist you with any queries or concerns.
Types of Seats Available on British Airways
British Airways provides a variety of seating options to meet the varying requirements and budgets of its passengers. The following options are available to reserve seats on flights operated by British Airways:
- Economy Class
- Premium Economy
- Business Class
- First Class
Economy Class: The standard seating option available on all British Airways flights is the economy standard seat allocation. It features a pitch of 29-31 inches and a width of 17.5 inches, making it a comfortable perch. Onboard, passengers can enjoy a variety of entertainment options and purchase food and beverages.
Premium Economy: The premium economy seat selection on British Airways, also known as World Traveller Plus, provides wider seats and more legroom than economy class. In addition, passengers receive a cabin with dedicated personnel, priority boarding, and a dining experience that is enhanced.
Business Class: The business class of British Airways, known as Club World, offers a flatbed seat, priority check-in, lounge access, and an upscale culinary experience. In addition to a variety of entertainment options and a fully supplied bar, passengers have access to both.
First Class: British Airways’ first class, known as First, features a private suite, a totally flat bed, a personal wardrobe, and a dining experience with caviar and fine wines. In addition to a variety of entertainment options and a fully supplied bar, passengers have access to both. British Airways offers unrestricted seat selection within the cabin.
How Do I Select a Seat on a British Airways Flight Online?
British Airways first class, known as First, features a private suite, a totally flat bed, a personal wardrobe, and a dining experience with caviar and fine wines. In addition to a variety of entertainment options and a fully supplied bar, passengers have access to both. British Airways offers unrestricted seat selection within the cabin.
Follow the below-given steps to choose a seat:
- Enter “britishairways.com” into your browser’s address bar to access this airline’s homepage.
- You can locate the “Manage My Booking” tab by scrolling past the booking box upon reaching this website.
- Provide the necessary information such as “Booking Reference” and “Last Name”
- You can view your reservation details. To select the desired seats on a British Airways flight, select the “Seating” tab.
- Now you can select “Choose Seats for this Flight” from the menu.
- Following the on-screen instructions, you can then select your desired seat based on its availability and price.
- In the instance of British Airways Economy seat selection, after selecting your seat, you can continue with the payment process.
- Other alternatives typically do not charge selection fees.
- After the payment process is complete, verify your positions to conclude the selection procedure.
How Do I Select a Seat on a British Airways Flight By Mobile App?
Download the British Airways mobile app and sign in with your account information. Select the desired flight and follow the prompts to select your seats. Here are the subsequent steps:
- This page allows Passengers to obtain the British Airways mobile app and sign in using their login information.
- After logging in, choose the “Book” option from the primary menu.
- Enter your departure and arrival locations, travel dates, and number of travelers. Then, choose the trip type (one-way, round-trip, or multi-city).
- On the subsequent screen, select the flight that best fits your travel plans, taking into consideration the departure and arrival times, the price, and any other relevant factors.
- Select the desired class of service (economy, premium economy, business, or first class).
- On the next screen, you can select your seats. If you are a member of the British Airways Executive Club, you may be able to choose your seat for free. Alternatively, you may be required to pay a fee to reserve a particular seat.
- After selecting your locations, you will be asked to provide your name, contact information, and payment information.
- Review the details of your reservation, including the flight itinerary, seat selection, and total cost. If everything seems to be in order, finalize your reservation.
- You will receive a confirmation email and/or push notification with your flight itinerary and confirmation number, as well as other ticketing details.
- That is all! You have confirmed your flight with British Airways through the mobile app and selected your preferred seats.
How Do I Select a Seat on a British Airways Flight By Customer Care?
Call the British Airways seat selection number to reserve your flight and choose your seats. The customer support phone number is available on the British Airways website.
- Dial the British Airways area customer service number. British Airways’s website contains the telephone numbers.
- Telephone: 1-800-247-9297
- Daily, 7 AM – 1 AM: Eastern Standard Time (EST)
- Provide your name, contact information, and flight details, such as the departure and arrival cities, dates, and flight numbers, once you are connected to a representative.
- Inform the representative of your seating preferences, such as window or aisle, as well as any other special requests, such as extra legroom, seat location (front or rear), or dietary restrictions.
- After receiving your preferences, the representative will provide you with information about available seats and their prices. Verify the specifics and costs before continuing.
- If you are satisfied with the provided information and prices, you will be asked for your payment information. British Airways accepts payment via credit card, debit card, or any other method specified by the company.
- After processing your payment, the agent will confirm your reservation and provide you with a registration reference number. You can use this number to access your reservation and make any necessary modifications.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your reservation along with flight information and seat assignments after booking.
How Do I Select a Seat on a British Airways Flight During Check-In?
If you are unable to select your seats in advance, you can do so at the airport when you check in. To assure availability and your preferred location on the aircraft, it is recommended to reserve your seats in advance.
Follow these steps if you wish to reserve seats with British Airways through airport check-in:
- Visit the airport check-in counter for British Airways.
- Provide your reservation information to the BA agent.
- You will be required to select your preferred seat(s) from the options available.
- If applicable, seat reservation fees must be paid.
- The agent will assist you in printing your “Boarding Pass” in order to obtain a copy of your boarding pass.
- You can proceed to the bag drop area to check in your checked luggage if you are traveling with baggage.
What Happened if British Airways Changes Your Seat?
The airline may need to modify your seat even after you’ve boarded the aircraft. British Airways makes every effort to avoid this, but it may be necessary for a variety of reasons, including weather conditions.
- A change of aircraft owing to operational, safety, or security concerns.
- Due to overbooking
If we are unable to provide you with a suitable replacement for the paid seating, you may request a refund.
Can I Receive a Refund for the Charged Seats?
Yes, dependent on the circumstances surrounding your booking and the type of ticket you purchased, you may be eligible for a refund on the seats you purchased with British Airways.
When are Refunds Available?
You can request a seat selection refund from British Airways within 30 days of your last scheduled flight if you:
- If you are unhappy with the alternative seat given by the airline, you may request a different seat.
- In the event that an airline cancels a flight, this policy applies.
- When you are no longer eligible for an exit row seat and have notified the airline at least 48 hours prior to the flight’s departure time.
- You purchased a cabin upgrade, so you do not wish to pay extra to select a location in the inferior cabin.
- If British Airways has already rebooked your ticket within 48 hours of departure, there is no need to submit a refund request for your seat.
When a Refund Cannot Be Claimed?
Under some circumstances, you cannot apply for a refund. Like changing flights or requesting a premium seat.
Terms and Conditions for Paid Seating
British Airways’ terms and conditions for paid seating vary depending on the specific form of paid seating you select. Here is a full overview:
- All reservations are based on availability and are only confirmed upon payment.
- On flights operated by British Airlines, paid seating is offered.
- Some flights operated by codeshare partners may not offer paid seating.
- Paid seating is only available when scheduled directly with British Airways Group Sales for group reservations (bookings of more than nine passengers).
Standard Seat Selection: You can choose your seat for a fee in advance of your flight with standard seat selection.
Preferred Seat Selection: You can select a seat in a more desirable location on the aircraft, such as one with additional legroom or one closer to the front of the space.
Exit Row Seat Selection: You must meet certain requirements, including being at least 16 years old and capable of assisting in an emergency.
Extra Legroom Seat Selection: You can select a seat with additional legroom compared to standard chairs.
Charges for Seat Selection
- The price changes based on the type of berth and cabin in which you travel.
- Pricing information is displayed during the booking process and in the Manage My Booking section.
- Typically, bulkhead seats are reserved for passengers who are disabled or have children (under two years old).
Depending on the seat’s location and other factors, the British Airways seat reservation fee can range from approximately 10 USD to more than 100 USD per passenger, per flight. If you are a member of the airline’s loyalty program or have booked a more expensive fare class, the charge may be reduced.
|Tier||Seat selection||Exit Row seating|
|Gold/oneworld Emerald||Free||Not applicable|
|Silver/oneworld Sapphire||Free||Can be booked 24 hours before departure for free|
|Bronze/oneworld Ruby||Free||Can be booked 24 hours before departure for free|
Why can’t I choose my seat on British Airways?
If your flight is overbooked, British Airways may restrict seat selection to ensure that groups and families can remain together. In such circumstances, selecting a seat may only be possible at the airport.
Which Seat is Good on British Airways?
If you have trouble sleeping or just want a quieter place to be, you might want to choose a seat away from the kitchen or restrooms.
Is There a Fee for Changing Seats?
Even if you bought a higher-priced ticket class, you may have to pay extra if you want to book a preferred seat.
Can I Change Seats After Check-in on British Airways?
You can change seats after you’ve checked in for a trip, but it may depend on the airline, the type of ticket you bought, and how many seats are available.
Top Trending Searches