In contrast to the EU 261 Regulation, U.S. laws do not mandate airlines to provide compensation to passengers for flight cancellations or delays. Airlines are required to compensate passengers who are “bumped” from oversold flights.
Breeze Airways does not provide any financial compensation for flight delays or cancellations. If you have been denied boarding against your will because the flight was overbooked, you might be eligible for financial compensation.
About Breeze Airways Flight Delay Compensation
Here are some important things to know about Breeze Airways flight delay compensation:
- If your flight is delayed or canceled within the United States, Breeze Airways does not provide compensation because U.S. laws do not require airlines to do so.
- If your Breeze flight is delayed for more than 3 hours, you have the following options:
- You can cancel and get a refund for your flight without any additional charges. The refund will be issued in the same way you made the payment.
- Go on the flight that is running late.
- If your Breeze flight is delayed or canceled and the next flight is only available the next day, you can get a free hotel stay for the night. Breeze Airways will also provide transportation to and from the airport and the hotel. This is only applicable if the delay or cancellation was Breeze Airways’ fault and not due to factors like extreme weather or air traffic control decisions. Additionally, this applies if you are not departing from your own city. If you don’t qualify for a free hotel stay, you will receive information to help you find and book your own overnight accommodation.
- If you were denied boarding because the flight was oversold, you might be eligible for financial compensation. The compensation you receive will be based on how much longer the alternative flight takes to arrive compared to the original flight.
Breeze Airways Flight Delay Compensation Requirement
If you were bumped from your flight because there were more passengers than available seats, you may be eligible for financial compensation.
The amount of compensation for a flight delay on Breeze Airways due to involuntary boarding denial is:
- If Breeze gives you another flight option that will get you to your destination or first stopover within 60 minutes of your original flight, you won’t get any compensation.
- If the alternate flight you’re offered lands at your destination or the first stopover is between 60 and 120 minutes after your original flight, you will be charged double the fare you paid, with a maximum limit of USD 775.
- If Breeze doesn’t provide another flight that arrives at your first stopover or destination within 2 hours of your original flight, you will be reimbursed up to USD 1,550, which is four times the fare you paid.
Exceptions for Refund and Compensation:
- You don’t meet Breeze’s standards for tickets, check-in, reconfirmation, or
- You don’t arrive at the boarding gate 15 minutes before your flight is supposed to leave, or
- For safety reasons, a smaller plane has been sent instead, or
- You’re given a seat in a different (or lower) part of the plane with the choice to get a refund (of the price difference) if you don’t want to travel, or
- You are given a replacement flight that will land at your final destination or first stopover within 60 minutes of your original flight, or
- You don’t follow government rules about security for defense or federal flight, or
- You’re not allowed to buy a Breeze Airways ticket.
Breeze Airways Refund Policy
- Breeze Airways’ return policy does not allow the following unless your flight is canceled or you cancel within the 24-hour time period:
- Baggage Fee Refund ( Breeze Airways Baggage Policy )
- Pet Fee Refund
- Seat Fee Refund
- Breeze Airways’ return policy says that you can’t get your money back if you miss your flight by more than 15 minutes.
- After the 24-hour waiting time, you can’t get your money back for any Breeze Airways ticket.
- If you cancel your flight within the 24-hour grace time, your refund will be sent to the original payment method or, if you agree, as BreezePoints for future travel, as long as you haven’t changed your flight ticket.
- If Breeze Airways cancels your flight, you will get a return to the same payment method you used to buy the ticket.
- If you decide to cancel your flight booking, you can do it online or through the Breeze App. Just make sure to cancel at least 15 minutes before your flight’s departure time. If you do, you’ll get a refund for the part of your ticket that you canceled. The refund will be given to you as BreezePoints, which will be added to your Guest account.
- To check out more information about the Cancellation policy, Check out Breeze Airways Flight Cancel Policy.
- If you don’t come for your flight and don’t cancel or change your ticket at least 15 minutes before it leaves, it will be considered a No-Show and you won’t get your money back.
- According to Breeze Airways’ refund policy, you will receive a refund after you provide the necessary documents within the specified timeframes:
- If you request a refund for tickets bought with a credit card and provide the necessary documents, you will receive the refund within 7 business days. It might take up to 2 billing cycles for the charge to appear on your credit card statement.
- If you request a refund for tickets purchased with cash or check and provide the necessary documents, you can expect to receive your refund within 20 business days.
- You can apply for a refund online and by phone.
Some Refund Policy Tips
- If you can’t get a refund for your flight ticket in the way you paid for it, you can still get a full refund in BreezePoints. You can use these points later to book another flight.
- If you buy your Breeze ticket from outside the U.S., it might take longer to get a refund than the time mentioned earlier.
Some Tips to Avoid Flight Delays
While you can’t control flight delays and cancellations, you can follow these steps to help prevent them.
- Book Non-Stop Flight: If something goes wrong, like a delay or cancellation, it becomes more difficult to reach your final destination if you have a connecting flight. Also, even if the first flight is on time, there is no assurance that the next flight will be as well.
- Take the Day’s First Flight: There are many reasons why it’s great to take the flight of the day. You have a lower chance of experiencing delays because your airplane will probably be ready and waiting for you at the airport. If there are any technical problems, they can be fixed overnight without causing any disruptions to your plans.
- Fly From a Hub City: Taking a trip from a hub city has several advantages because it also serves as the home base for the flight crew. Furthermore, if your flight is delayed or canceled, your chances of obtaining a replacement flight are much better.
- Avoid Carrying Checked Baggage: Travelling with checked baggage can sometimes cause flight delays to become more significant, although it is not always avoidable. When flights are delayed or canceled, it puts a lot of pressure on the airline’s baggage handling systems. This can result in long delays in getting your luggage back. It also greatly reduces the options for rebooking your flight.
- Save Your Receipts and Submit Them: If Breeze Airways causes your flight to be delayed by more than 3 hours or canceled, you might be eligible for reimbursement. This could include meals, a hotel stay for the night, transportation to and from the airport, and alternative transportation options. Make sure to keep your receipts and send them to Breeze’s Guest Empowerment Department if you might be eligible for reimbursement.
Does Breeze Airways Provide Compensation for Flight Delays or Cancellations?
No, Breeze Airways does not give money for flight delays or cancellations in the United States because U.S. laws don’t make airlines do that.
Can I Change the Name on Breeze Airways Flight Ticket?
Yes, you can change. But you must check out Breeze Airways’ Name Change Policy.
What Are the Options for Passengers if Their Breeze Flight is Delayed for More Than 3 Hours?
Passengers can cancel their flight and get a refund without any extra fees. Another option is to stick with the delayed flight. However, if the next available flight is the next day, Breeze Airways will offer a free hotel stay and transportation.
Is There Financial Compensation for Passengers Who Are Denied Boarding Due to an Oversold Flight?
People who can’t get on a flight because it’s already full might be able to get their money back. How much you get paid depends on how long the new flight was late compared to the original flight.
Are There Exceptions to Refund and Compensation Eligibility?
There are some cases where passengers may not be able to get a refund or compensation. These include situations where passengers don’t meet Breeze’s ticket standards, don’t arrive at the boarding gate on time, there is a smaller plane substitution for safety reasons, or if passengers don’t follow government rules.
What is Breeze Airways’ Refund Policy?
Breeze Airways has a refund policy that says they usually don’t give refunds for baggage fees, pet fees, seat fees, or ticket cancellations. However, they will give a refund if the flight is canceled or if you cancel within 24 hours of booking. You will receive a refund in the same way you made the payment, or you can choose to receive BreezePoints for future travel.
Top Trending Searches: