The baggage policy and allowance of Delta Airlines are governed by strict rules. The airline, whose headquarters are located in Atlanta, Georgia, suggested that all passengers must adhere to its cargo policy. While making a reservation with the airline, it is recommended to know and understand the policy. This policy facilitates passengers in understanding which items are permitted during check-in and boarding.
Delta Airlines Checked Baggage Allowance
Customers of Delta Airlines can check their bags for free as long as they don’t go over the general weight limits. Different fare classes have different limits on how much you can weigh. In the table below, we show the different fare classes and the weight limits for checked bags for each:
|Fare Classes of Delta Airlines||Weight/Size Limit|
|Economy Class||23 kgs|
|Delta-One Class||32 kgs|
|Business Class||62 inches|
|First Class||62 inches|
Delta Airlines Excess Baggage Guidelines
Delta Airlines has set up some rules for passengers who want to bring extra bags on board. If you fly with too many bags, you might have to pay extra. Delta’s fees for extra bags depend on how much they weigh or how big they are.
The Delta Airlines Baggage Policy says that these rules must be followed when bringing extra luggage:
- Extra luggage should weigh or be smaller than 50 lbs.
- Passengers can’t bring extra bags that weigh more than 100 lbs.
- If you take a bag that weighs more than 50 pounds, you will have to pay extra.
Delta Airlines Baggage Fees
Delta Airlines charges fees for luggage based on how much it weighs and where the customer is going. When the weight goes over 63 inches, the flight will charge extra. Also, the longest thing that can be overweight or too big is 155 inches.
|Destination Route||Price for 63-80 inches of Luggage|
|United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands||200|
|Destination between North/South/Central America and Europe or North Africa||300|
|Destination to/from/between Asia, Middle East, Australia, India||175|
|Destination between the US or Canada and Mexico, Caribbean, Central/South America||150|
|Destination to/from Brazil||100|
|Destination between North America and all other African countries||175|
Delta Airlines Security Rules
Delta Airlines has clear rules about how people can keep their carry-on bags safe. These security rules say what can and can’t be brought on board.
Some of the things that passengers can bring on Delta planes are:
- Food or drink (Purchased after passing through the security checkpoint)
- Duty-free shopping
- Child safety seats
- Assistance devices such as wheelchairs and crutches
Delta Foods and Liquid Restrictions:
- Delta’s Liquid Policy says that each customer can bring 100 milliliters (3.4 ounces) of:
- Delta Airlines’ carry-on policy says that you can only bring liquids in sealed cases.
- Each traveler is only allowed one quart-size bag for the things.
- The 3-1-1 rule applies to the following trip items, which are allowed:
Traveling with Infants on Delta Flight
Delta Airlines’ policy on fees and allowances for bags says that there are different rules for bringing infants. If the person is traveling with a child, the following rules must be followed:
- Delta Airlines won’t let you bring any extra luggage if you’re going with an unticketed baby on your lap.
- You can bring any of the following as a personal item or carry-on bag:
- Bottle warmer and accompanying cooler bag
- Booster seat
- Baby Bassinet seat
- Want to book a ticket for your children, You can check out Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy.
Sports and Music Equipment Accepted by Delta Airlines
There are some sports and musical instruments that can be brought on Delta Airlines. Here’s a list of the things that fit into each category:
Hockey and lacrosse equipment
Skiboards or snowboards
Delta Airlines Prohibited Some Goods/Items
Due to government law and safety rules, you can’t bring certain items on your Delta flight. According to the Delta Airlines policy on baggage fees, this list shows what you can’t bring on a flight:
– Pepper spray
– Products with aerosols like cooking – spray or anti-static spray
– Drain cleaners
– Explosive materials or fireworks
– Black powder
– Air conditioners
|– Lighters with a torch or a blue flame, as well as all lighter, fills|
– Sources of energy like gasoline or sterno cans
– Strike-anywhere paints, stains, or lubricants
– Ready-to-eat meals (MREs)
– Lithium or lithium-ion batteries used in hoverboards, balance gliders, self-balancing boards, or powered riding -luggage
– Air conditioners
Delta Airlines Delayed Baggage Compensation
People can get money from the flight if their bag is late, and getting money is easy. If your bag is late, you can talk to the airline’s reservations team to get the right amount of pay.
Compensations are offered via a claim form. If your Delta bag is late or gets destroyed, you will need your file reference number to get the most help. Here are the steps you need to take to fill out the online Baggage claim form.
- First, go to www.Delta.com, which is the official Delta Airlines website.
- When you get to the home page, choose “baggage.” Scroll all the way to the bottom of the home page, and you’ll find the choice.
- Include your first name, last name, and file reference number.
- To send in the form, click the “Submit” button.
What Do I Do if Delta Airlines Broke My Luggage?
Delta is one of the most popular companies that people use to get around. Its services, both on the plane and with customers, can’t be beaten. If you have recently taken a flight and find that your bags have been lost or damaged, you can tell the Delta employee. They will give you a file reference number that you can use to find out where your bags are and even get your money back if you lose them.
How Do I Report Damaged Baggage To Delta?
If you traveled with Delta and found out when you got to the airport to pick up your bags that they were damaged, you can file a claim by following the steps below:
- Visit the page for Delta Airlines.
- Click “Help Center.“
- When you get to the airlines’ contact page, you have to scroll down a bit and click on the area for comments and complaints.
- Choose “file a baggage claim.“
- You will now be taken to the page with the online form.
- Enter the passenger’s name and file reference number, which you can get from the luggage service center.
- Fill out the claim form completely, attach the supporting papers, and describe your baggage in the message box.
- Then, click the “Submit” button.
Delta Airlines’ Baggage Compensation Policy
Here are some important points about Delta’s baggage refund policy that you should think about before deciding to get your money back for a delayed bag.
- If a checked bag is delayed for 12 hours or more, the person can get money back.
- For baggage reimbursement, passengers can get an answer from Delta’s Lost and Found Central.
- Delta gives you 14 days to find your lost or delayed luggage after a thorough search.
- For a paid checked bag, travelers can get a credit for future travel that they can use at Delta for any future bookings.
How Much Reimbursement Will I Get From Alaska Airlines?
When a bag is late, travelers can ask for compensation at Delta Airlines both online and offline. People can be reimbursed up to USD 3,500. However, Delta gives customers a trip credit equal to the first bag fee if the first bag is delayed for more than 12 hours.
Top Trending Searches