The Copa Airlines cancellation policy allows you to cancel your flight and request a refund if the terms of your fare permit it, as well as in the instances described below. The quantity of your refund will depend on the terms of your ticket.
Overview of Copa Airlines Cancellation Policy
- You can cancel any Copa Airlines ticket within 24 hours if you place your reservation on hold at the time of booking online. If payment is not received within 24 hours, it will be automatically canceled.
- If Copa Airlines cancels your flight, you may be eligible for a refund (or you may choose to accept an alternative flight).
- If your flight is delayed significantly, you may be eligible for a refund.
- If a passenger, passenger’s companion, or close relative dies or becomes gravely ill, the passenger may terminate the flight and receive a refund, provided valid documentation is presented.
- Tickets issued between September 1, 2020, and July 31, 2021, may be exchanged for free (but not refunded) if they are used within one year of the date of issuance or by December 31, 2021.
- You are eligible for a full refund if denied boarding due to overbooking; you may also be eligible for compensation.
- Also, Read About Copa Airlines Change Flight Policy
Copa Airlines Cancellation Options
Copa’s cancellation policy enables you to choose between the two following options when canceling your ticket:
- Cancel your ticket and request a refund (if the terms of your fare permit).
- Keep your ticket and use it again at no additional cost. This applies to all tickets issued between September 1, 2020, and July 31, 2021 (in response to COVID-19), so long as they are utilized within one year of the date of issuance or by December 31, 2021, whichever comes first.
Copa Airlines 24 Hours Cancellation Policy
Copa Airlines’ 24-hour cancellation policy differs slightly from other airlines. You are permitted to book a ticket and place your reservation on hold for up to 24 hours without incurring any fees. Your reservation will be automatically canceled if payment is not made within 24 hours of booking. If you pay for your ticket within 24 hours, the standard fare conditions will apply. Copa Airlines has a cancellation policy, so in all practical terms, the answer is yes.
Copa Airlines Cancellation Policy Due to Death
According to Copa Airlines’s cancellation policy, if a passenger or a passenger’s close relative or companion dies or suffers a severe injury, the ticket may be eligible for a refund, provided the appropriate documentation is provided, such as a death certificate or medical certificate.
Copa Airlines Cancellation Policy for Covid
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Copa Airlines’ cancellation policy allows you to cancel a flight ticket for free if it was issued between September 1, 2020, and July 31, 2021. However, it must be rebooked within one year of its date of issue or by December 31, 2021.
- Refunds are subject to the fare terms and conditions listed on your ticket.
- Requests for refunds must be submitted within the ticket’s validity period or the validity period specified by the country to which the refund applies.
- Tickets issued in Colombia are valid for two years from the date of issuance or reissue.
- Tickets issued in all countries besides Colombia are valid for one year from the date of issue or reissue.
- The refund for unused tickets will equal the full fare plus taxes paid at the time of purchase minus any non-refundable taxes.
- Tickets acquired via travel agencies or online platforms must be processed directly by them.
- The following tickets affected by circumstances within or outside of Copa’s control are eligible for cancellation and refund:
- Tickets that are impacted by flight cancellations.
- Except for reservations, flight modifications with a minimum 4-hour delay are permitted.
- Tickets issued in Brazil, where a one-hour or greater delay qualifies for a refund.
- Tickets issued in Canada, where a 3-hour or greater delay qualify for a refund.
- Tickets issued in Brazil with a flight date between March 19, 2020, and December 31, 2021, are refundable upon cancellation.
About Copa Fare Rules
In terms of cancellation/flight change, the following Copa fare rules apply to regular passengers and Connect Miles Base members:
The following fares are non-refundable, although certain routes may have exceptions.
- Economy Basic
- Economy Classic
- Business Promo
The following fares can be refunded in full at no cost:
- Economy Full
- Business Full
The following tariffs are eligible for fare changes for a charge plus the applicable fare difference:
- Economy Classic
The following prices may be modified at no cost:
- Economy Classic
- Economy Full
- Business Promo
- Business Full
Copa Airlines Refund Policy
Copa Airlines’ refund policy is as follows:
- After submitting a refund request with the necessary documentation, only valid tickets are eligible for a refund.
- Whether or not you are eligible for a refund, as well as the amount of the refund, will depend on the fare rules of your ticket.
- Full Economy and Full Business fares are refundable.
- Business Promo, Economy Basic, and Economy Classic fares are non-refundable. Other non-refundable fares, excluding Economy Basic, may be altered and rebooked for future travel for a fee.
- Optional services and products are non-refundable unless stated otherwise in the terms and conditions.
- Any Copa Airlines flight cancellation due to death or illness must be supported by official documentation, such as a death certificate or a medical certificate.
- Copa Airlines must first approve refund requests for tickets purchased through travel agencies using cash or a credit card issued by the travel agency before issuing the refund directly to the passenger.
- Unused tickets cannot be refunded.
- Refunds must be requested within the duration of a ticket’s validity.
- Refunds will be issued in the country of sale and using the same payment method and currency as the original purchase.
- Non-refundable fees, taxes, administrative fees, travel agency fees, and other applicable charges are not refundable/reimbursable.
- For requests made after August 25, 2022, refund requests must be tracked via the Review Refund Request status page or by contacting Copa Airlines Customer Service/Support.
How to Cancel Copa Airlines Ticket?
You can cancel your Copa Airlines ticket online or by phone.
Copa Airlines Cancellation Online Process
To cancel your Copa Airlines flight online, you must retrieve your flight reservation, select it, and follow the steps described below.
- Go to CopaAir.com
- Select Manage My Bookings from the Travel tab.
- To retrieve your flight information, enter:
- Reservation code or E-ticket number
- Last name
- Click to Find Your Reservation
- Follow the on-screen instructions to cancel your flight.
- You will receive an email confirmation.
- Your reservation for a flight will be revoked.
- The refundable amount will be automatically credited to your credit card or bank account (i.e., the original method of payment) less any applicable fees.
Copa Airlines Cancellation Fee
As your flight ticket may or may not be refundable, the cancellation charge will depend on the applicable fare rules. If your ticket is refundable, any penalty fees specified in the rules will be deducted as cancellation fees, if applicable.
Your flight ticket’s price rules will indicate:
- Whether the ticket is refundable or not
- The amount deducted from your refund if you request one.
If your ticket is non-refundable, think about delaying your travel to avoid losing the money you paid for it.
Is Copa Airlines Allowed to Cancel Flights?
Yes, they permit cancellation flights. But you have to adhere to the above policies.
Can I Get a Full Refund for a Flight Cancellation?
Yes, if you are eligible. then you can apply for a full refund.
Can I Cancel My Copa Airlines Flight Online?
Yes, you can cancel your Copa Airlines flight online using the process of online cancellation given above.
Who is Eligible to Receive a Refund?
After providing acceptable confirmation of payment, such as an invoice or credit card, the individual who purchased the ticket is eligible for a refund.
However, if a traveler dies, the refund will be issued to a member of the passenger’s immediate family upon presentation of a death certificate. In the event of illness, the voyager must provide a doctor’s note stating that travel is contraindicated.
How Much Time Does Copa Airlines Take to Complete a Refund?
This depends on the method of ticket purchase.
- It may take up to two accounting cycles for your credit card statement to reflect your ticket purchase made with a credit card.
- If your ticket was purchased with cash, you will receive a refund immediately.
- If you paid by check for your ticket, you will receive a refund by check within 10 business days.
- If you request a refund thirty days after your ticket was issued, you can choose to receive your refund immediately in cash.
Top Trending Searches