The Allegiant pet policy lets passengers bring small live pets on board with them. The policy allows for travel within the country and is limited to the 48 states.
This article will provide information about the requirements, restrictions, and conditions for bringing a pet on board. In addition, we have also discussed the guidelines for emotional support animals and the fees for reserving a pet on Allegiant, no matter the situation.
Guidelines of Allegiant Airlines Pet Policy
According to Allegiant’s pet policy, not all pets are accepted for international travel. Before bringing a pet onboard, there are a few additional points to consider:
- You can only bring domestic dogs and cats with you in the cabin.
- When traveling on Allegiant Air, you are required to carry your pets in a carrier that is either soft-sided or hard-sided and leakproof. Make sure there is proper ventilation.
- The airlines are not responsible for the health and well-being of pets and cannot be held liable.
- Pets traveling in the cabin do not need a health certificate.
- Airlines do not allow animals to be transported in the cargo.
- If you’re traveling with a pet, please make sure to check in at least one hour before your flight departs. This will ensure that your pet meets the requirements of Allegiant Airlines’ pet policy.
- Passengers who are traveling with pets cannot sit in the exit rows or the first-row seats. Bulkhead seats are not allowed.
- The pet(s) should fit comfortably in the carrier and should not be able to escape from it.
- Make sure your pet doesn’t show any violent behavior. They should avoid physical stress.
- Pets should not try to get attention while on board. The things should not cause harm and should not have a smell.
- When the plane is taking off or landing, all pet carriers must be placed on the floor.
- Each passenger is allowed to carry only one pet carrier. Each booking can only have a maximum of 2 pets.
- To be able to travel, pets must be at least 8 weeks old or older.
- Pets must stay inside the kennel when they are being boarded and when they arrive.
- Passengers who do not follow the mentioned rules may not be allowed to board.
Check Also: Allegiant Airlines Flight Delay Policy
Allegiant Pet Carrier Requirements
According to Allegiant’s pet policy, only cats and dogs that are from the same country are allowed. To travel on domestic flights, pets must be at least 8 weeks old or older. To travel internationally, your pet needs to be at least 4 months old. Additionally, you can monitor the following requirements:
- Children traveling alone cannot bring their pets with them on the plane.
- Passengers are allowed to bring multiple pets on their reservation, but they need to buy an extra ticket for each pet. After paying the pet fee of $150, this rule applies for each trip.
- The pet cannot sit in any passenger’s seat. It needs to stay on the floor under the seat.
- You may be denied boarding if your pet doesn’t fit in the kennel.
- If there is an emergency, oxygen will not be given.
- The largest size for the pet kennel or carrier is 17.5 inches long, 12 inches wide, and 7.5 inches high (44 cm x 30 cm x 19 cm).
- You can only have one pet in the container.
- You should keep your pet’s kennel under the seat in front of you, at your feet.
Allegiant Airways ESA Policy
If they meet these qualifications, only full-service trained dogs can accompany passengers.
A service animal is a canine trained to assist passengers with physical, sensory, psychiatric, intellectual, or other mental disabilities, such as:
- Motor and visual deficits
- Deafness or diminished hearing
- seizures or panic attacks
- Post-traumatic stress disorder or anxiety
According to Allegiant’s pet policy, service animals must be kept on a leash throughout the entire flight.
Service animals should not include pets that are under 4 months old.
The animal should be well-behaved, not have a strong smell, and keep clean.
Your pet should be small enough to sit under the seat in front of you or in your lap if it is less than 2 years old.
You need to be at the airport for your pet to be approved for travel.
Each passenger is allowed to bring a maximum of 2 service animals for each leg of their journey.
A service animal should not be:
- Please sit in the exit row or the first row.
- Sit in any available seat that belongs to another passenger.
- Do not eat or drink from the passenger’s tray.
- Please block the aisle or the passage in the aircraft.
According to Allegiant Air’s pet policy, your service pet should be trained to remain calm and relaxed in public. Passengers may not be allowed to board the flight if their service animal behaves disruptively or violently. It shouldn’t be –
- Growling, Barking, Whining, and Constantly scratching
Check Also: Allegiant Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
How to Submit Pet Forms for Allegiant Air?
When you travel, the airline might ask you some questions to make sure that your service animal is healthy enough to fly. Also,
- To make sure compliance, please fill out and submit the Allegiant service animal form.
- Passengers must submit the form to the airline’s desk at the airport at least 48 hours before the flight departs.
- If you buy tickets less than 48 hours before your flight, you can fill out a form at the airport and submit it there. Remember to arrive at least four hours before the scheduled departure time.
- If your trip involves a flight with a partner airline that has an interline or codeshare agreement, you should reach out to them to fulfill all the necessary requirements for traveling with a service animal.
- Please make sure to pay the necessary pet fee for Allegiant Air.
- After you submit the form, the airline will email you a Service Animal ID.
- You can use the same ID for future travel without needing to submit forms again.
- The Service animal ID will expire after one year from the date it was issued or when the animal’s vaccination expires, whichever happens first.
How to Add a Pet to Your Allegiant Flight?
You can bring your pet with you when you book your flight on the airline’s website or mobile app. Alternatively, you can also bring your pet to the airport on the day of your travel. However, please make sure to follow the pet policy of Allegiant Airlines. Additionally, you have the option to contact customer service in order to fulfill the mentioned request.
If you want to bring your pet with you on a flight, you need to let the airline know ahead of time. You can do this when you book a flight on allegiantair.com. Please complete all the required information in the ‘Allegiant Air Pet in Cabin’ section.
You can also include a pet in your reservation after you’ve made the booking by going to the Manage My Booking section.
- To access your booking, you will need to provide the six-digit PNR (booking reference) and your last name.
- Click on the ‘allegiant air pet in cabin’ link and provide the necessary information about your pet.
- Please fill out and submit the Allegiant Air pet transport form, and make sure to follow all the guidelines outlined in the Allegiant Air pet policy.
- Please make sure to pay the necessary pet fee for Allegiant Air.
- After you have filled out the form, the airline will email you a Service Animal ID.
You can call to request a reservation for a pet. You will receive an Allegiant Air pet form in the email that you provided during registration. Please complete and submit this form 48 hours before your planned arrival. You must pay the pet fee that Allegiant Air requires.
It might take up to 24 hours for the authorization to be completed. After you send the form, the airline will email you a Service Animal ID. To book reservations for your pet, call the Allegiant pet travel number.
Check Also: Austrian Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy
If you have a flight with Allegiant Airlines and it’s within the next 48 hours, you can go to the airport and talk to them. You must fill out the form and hand it in at the airport. Be sure to arrive at least 4 hours before the planned departure time.
Fees and Cost
According to Allegiant’s pet policy, you can only bring your pets with you in the cabin as a carry-on. Therefore, there will be fees for each direction of travel, and these fees may differ depending on the destination.
|To/From Destinations||Fees and Cost(USD)|
|US Virgin Islands/Caribbean||200|
Before making a reservation for your pet, it is important to understand the pet policy of Allegiant. The guidelines mentioned include all the restrictions, rules, and regulations for both domestic and international travel. To make a reservation with Allegiant Air, you can do it in three ways: through their website, over the phone, or at the airport. Right now, Allegiant is only allowing pets to be transported to 48 states in the United States.
How Do I Bring a Pet on an Allegiant Flight?
You can include your pet when you make your booking on the airline’s website or mobile app, or you can bring them to the airport on the day of your travel. Additionally, you can contact the Allegiant Air reservation phone number to fulfill the mentioned request.
Does Allegiant Airlines Allow Pets on Flights?
Yes, You can only bring pet dogs and cats with you in the cabin. You need to transport your pets in a carrier that is either soft-sided or hard-sided and won’t leak. Make sure there is enough ventilation. The airlines are not responsible for the health and well-being of pets and cannot be held liable for any issues. Pets traveling in the cabin do not need a health certificate.
Are There Any Fees to Avail of Pet Services?
Yes, passengers must pay a pet fee of 150 USD for each leg of the journey. Passengers are allowed to bring multiple pets on their reservation, but they need to buy an extra ticket for each pet. This rule is applicable once you have paid the fees for your pet.
Top Trending Searches