Pegasus is a cheap Turkish airline based in Istanbul. On the majority of their flights, pets are permitted inside the cabin.
In this post, we will cover the Pegasus Airlines pet policy. After reading this post, you will not face any issues with carrying your dog on a Pegasus Airlines flight.
Pegasus Airlines Pet Reservations
As soon as your travel arrangements are verified, you should call the Pegasus Call Center to reserve a seat for your pet.
Pets in the Flight Cabin
Cats, dogs, and birds may be carried in the cabin if the combined weight of the creature and carrier does not surpass 8 kilograms (17 pounds). To qualify for travel, pets must be healthy, non-threatening, sanitary, and odorless. The companion fee in the cabin is 60 Turkish Lira.
Pets in Checked Baggage
If the combined weight of the companion and carrier exceeds 8 kilograms (16 pounds), canines can be transported in a ventilated cargo compartment of the aircraft. Medium-sized pets are those that weigh between 17 and 33 pounds (8 to 15 kilograms), while large pets are those that weigh over 33 pounds.
Pets must be healthy, non-threatening, sanitary, and odorless in order to travel. The charge for transporting pets of medium size as checked baggage is 120 TRY, while the fee for transporting pets of large size is 180 TRY.
Check Also: Pegasus Airlines Baggage Policy
Pet Carrier Guidelines
The maximum dimensions for pet carriers traveling in the cabin are 21″ x 15″ x 8″ (55 cm x 40 cm x 20 cm). The maximum dimensions for pet carriers traveling in the hold are 21″ x 15″ x 8″ (55 cm x 40 cm x 20 cm). The carrier’s locks must be made of iron, robust, and secured.
In addition, the carrier must have ventilation on three sides, be made of a material that is readily transportable, and be large enough for the animal to move around comfortably. The carrier must be thoroughly cleaned, sanitized, and sterilized. There must be sufficient sustenance inside for the animal’s voyage.
Check Also: Pegasus Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
Pet Restrictions in Pegasus Airlines
Pegasus Flights bans the carriage of ferocious, predatory, and combatant canines and fowl. Pegasus Flights does not accept Kangal canines until they are six months old. Pegasus also prohibits the following dog breeds: American Pit Bull, American Staffordshire Terrier, Boxer, Bulldog, Caucasian, Chow, Doberman, Dogo Argentinos, Fila Brasileiro, Japanese Tosa, Mastiff, Mastino Napoletano, Pit Bull Terrier, Presa Canario, and Rottweiler.
Guidelines for Travelling With Pets
- You need to bring your pet’s health certificate, vaccination card, and identification when you travel with them. If you’re taking your pet with you to a European Union country, you need to bring a pet passport. Make sure your pets have received all their vaccinations. If needed, make sure your pet’s rabies and mixed shots were given within the year before the flight.
- Pegasus may choose to not allow pets on their flights for valid reasons. Pets should be in good health, not aggressive, clean, and without any unpleasant smell. If a pet is unsure if it meets the conditions for flying, or if it is upset, mean, sick, too old, or too young and could be dangerous, the staff in charge can decide not to let the pet on the plane.
- Pegasus Flights only allows pets that are at least 12 weeks old (three months). Pegasus Flights does not allow pregnant pets, as well as infant cats and dogs that still feed on their mother’s milk, to board their flights.
- The cages used for carrying pets inside the cabin cannot be larger than 32 cm x 32 cm x 50 cm. You can carry up to two cats, two dogs, or two birds in one cage. However, they must be siblings from the same mother or a mother and her child.
- Pegasus may not allow pets on board for valid reasons. Pets should be in good health, not aggressive, and clean without any bad smells. If there is uncertainty about whether a pet meets the requirements for flying, or if the pet is behaving aggressively, is ill, or is too old or young to fly safely, our authorized staff could ban the pet from boarding our flights.
Can I Carry a Pet on a Pegasus Airlines Flight?
Yes, You can but you have to adhere pet policy of pegasus airlines.
What is the Size of the Pet Carrier on Pegasus Airlines?
The maximum dimensions for pet carriers traveling in the cabin are 21″ x 15″ x 8″ (55 cm x 40 cm x 20 cm).
Top Trending Searches